Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is truly a global celebration! Although the traditions and foods associated with it vary with climate, culture, country -- even calendar -- the spirit of the day transcends all such differences.The history of Christmas dates back over 4000 years. Many of the Christmas traditions were celebrated centuries before the Jesus Christ was born. The 12 days of Christmas, the bright fires, the yule log, the giving of gifts, carnivals(parades) with floats, carolers who sing while going from house to house, the holiday feasts, and the church processions can all be traced back to the early Mesopotamians. Read on ............. to know more.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN JESUS?? I HAVE....


I have seen Sign of the Cross. In her eyes I see the face of Jesus. Some years ago Sandra, my grandmom's world was between her bed and her chair. Alzheimer's had taken away her cognitive abilities. I am sure she did not recognize me. But each time when I lifted Jesus in the Holy Eucharist, she would smile and her face would light up. She knew who Jesus was... and I had gotten to know him closely, too. Then there was a family with a large dog. I visited them to bring communion to the husband as he was suffering with cancer. The dog would bark and bark each time... and when I held up Jesus, he would mysteriously quiet down and look at me with doleful eyes. Did he really know what was going on? I think so. ... because Jesus is alive... he might not have seen Him, but he knew He was there.

We see Jesus in the strangest places, in hospitals and homes. In streets and in back alleys. We see Him suffering deeply when we meet a person who is homeless, has no friends, no money, and often no hope. We see Him suffering because of an uncaring and selfish humanity who would allow one to become homeless. For a while, about 6 years ago, I would see a man, I believe his name was Jason. He had a self-storage place in a self-storage facility. So whenever I would go out there to store something or get something, Jason would be there. Jason was a good man, not a burden to anyone. But it slowly dawned on me that Jason was jobless and probably homeless. For a long while, he used to live in a semi trailer, but when the lot it was standing on was sold, Jason was forced to leave. Jason was a If Jesus is there, why did He not stop the evil?" Jesus sometimes allows situations, not created by Him, to continue... so people can turn to Him in their need. We are ultimately responsible for hatred. We are responsible by our personal actions as well as our social and civil actions. The love of Jesus and is present in our lives, to inspire us and help us to do the right thing. He gives us the opportunity to receive the Gift of Discernment and Wisdom .When we are finally able to love all people that would be our ideal time to meet Jesus. He will be there for us again, with arms stretched out to welcome us to His Kingdom.




1 Comments:

Blogger DJ2PUNK said...

Hai Cath,...
i'm eMKa 2Punk (Michael Christ Simatupang) from Indonesia.
i live in Malang City near of Bali.
i'm a DJ Radio on 88,7 Radio Makobu FM Malang.
if you come to Indonesia,you tell me.maybe i can help you be guide.

emka2punk@yahoo.com

yupz,...
i'm just wanna to say : Marry X'Mas & Happy New Years.
Yesus Bless You & everybody.
Thankz Up.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home